Being a parent is tough, and we’re here to help. Learn positive ways to parent your kids and help you and your children grow by preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Every child should have the opportunity to grow up in a nurturing family.
- In providing services to all families in need of help in a non-discriminatory, non-judgmental, supportive, and culturally appropriate manner honoring the dignity of each family.
- Our program services build on each family’s strengths to create better environments for their children.
To help families and children in our community by…
- Increasing awareness of child abuse and neglect prevention.
- Providing services to families and children who are at-risk.
- Advocating public policy to protect children.
- Helping people realize that child abuse is life threatening.
PARENTS, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization that has been serving Hawaii’s families since 1975. We have dedicated ourselves to strengthening our families and communities by using professional educators, counselors, and facilitators to focus on the healthy growth and development of ALL family members. Our purpose is family strengthening, and prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect. We provide a full range of prevention, education, and treatment services for men, women, and children. All preventive, education, and treatment services are multi-ethnic, non-judgmental, non-threatening, supportive, and easily accessible. We have over 30 years of experience and remain firmly committed to assisting Hawaii’s Families.
PARENTS, Inc. is a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt organization. Support for our programs comes from public funds, private foundations, businesses, and community individuals.
Email us! Or give us a call at (808) 235-0255.
PARENTS, Inc. assists nearly 2,000 family members annually. Our staff provides practical and empowering programs and services which honor the dignity of each family and directly addresses family difficulties and the causes of child abuse and neglect.
The parents who participate in our programs get more than just parenting education. While they are learning better parenting skills, we also emphasize reducing feelings of isolation by forming new and better support systems. Fathers and mothers can learn how to cope better with stress and learn to deal more healthily with their anger. Parents are free to talk about their problems and feelings in a safe, accepting environment. Services are offered at times and locations convenient for the family at little to no cost.